You will need:
- White felt
- Elastic string
- Sewing needle & thread (or a sewing machine)
- Pattern (its a pdf this time as it is a large pattern)
- Print off and cut out the pdf pattern.
- Place the beard pattern onto your felt and draw around it. To make life so much easier pin a second piece of felt behind the one your drew on. Also pin into place your elastic string at each corner of the beard. The length of string depends on who is going to be wearing it, but 20cm-25cm as guidance for an adult.
- Sew around your beard, about 1/2cm inside of the line you drew before. Also sew around the mouth area. Make sure you got the elastic string in the stitches also.
- Cut around the line you drew now, trying to trim off the pen marks (if like me you used a pen).
- Using the scrap from around the beard, lay two pieces together and draw around the moustache pattern. Sew around it like you did with the beard and cut it out.
- Take your glue and put a dab onto the middle of the moustache area of the beard and stick your moustache down onto the beard. (you could sew it on also but I was in a hurry! its Christmas eve remember!).
- Get out your santa hat and a red coat and your set to bring the gifts down the chimley later tonight!
This is the last in my Christmas tutorial advent calendar, tomorrow is Christmas day and I hope everyone will be having a lovely day opening gifts and celebrating with their family!
Thank you to everyone for reading my blog and here is a special christmas card for all of you!