A while ago I saw a recipe on the BBC. It was circles of chocolate with almonds and nuts on top. I personally hate HATE nuts, but my boyfriend saw the recipe and was right away begging me to make him some.
I was too lazy too look up the recipe, but you can view it here. Or here is how I did it after watching the show.
- Chop you pistacho nuts up, and some orange candy peel.
- Place some almond shavings on a tray and stick under a low grill for a couple of minutes, then sprinkle some sugar over and put back for a minute. Keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly!
- Mix the nuts and candy peel together and add some sea salt flakes and mix it all up.
- Melt some milk chocolate in the microwave (careful not to burn it).
- Spoon the chocolate onto some baking paper and make small discs from it, then sprinkle with the nut mixture and leave for the chocolate to set. Then you can put them in some little bags and decorate all pretty to give for family and friends!