It has been a while since I shared a tutorial on my blog, but today I have a cutey for you!
Felt – I used wool blend ready cut felt shapes from viltenknopen.
Ribbon – 6cm long
Sewing threads etc.
Template (if not using ready cut felt pieces)
- I used ready cut felt circles and heart for my keychain, but I also included a template for you to cut your own from felt. Cut out your felt pieces, you need 2 large circles, 1 small circle and 1 heart.
- Sew the heart onto the small circle, it is nice to use a contrasting thread colour.
- Sew the small circle onto the centre of one of the large circles.
- Take the other large circle, fold it in half, and snip a line about 1/3 of the way along, so you have a slit in the circle (to hide your secret message in).
- Put the two large circles together, add the ribbon folded in half at the top and stitch around the two circles.
- Add a keychain ring to the ribbon loop, and hide a secret message inside the pocket before giving it to your valentine!
This week I have been busy photographing new items for my Etsy shop, it can be so easy to make them, but getting the right lighting to get some nice photos is tough!
I made these fairy light garlands back in December for the Diezijn Leuk market. I all five sets I made so had to make more to photograph and put in my etsy shop.
Each garland has 20 LED lights with felt hearts or stars, they shine so lovely in the evening.
They are battery powered so can be hung anywhere.
These are for sale in my Etsy shop, and I will also be taking custom requests for colours and shapes soon!
I have been working on this sweet valentine garland and now it is ready!
The garland is 2 meters long (but I also take custom requests for different lengths) and is made from two different sized hearts.
Each heart is die cut from wool blend felt, and I used sweet valentine colours for this garland, pink, hot pink, red and purple.
If you would like to order one, send a message or visit my Etsy shop.