It has been a while since I shared a tutorial on my blog, but today I have a cutey for you!
Felt – I used wool blend ready cut felt shapes from viltenknopen.
Ribbon – 6cm long
Sewing threads etc.
Template (if not using ready cut felt pieces)
- I used ready cut felt circles and heart for my keychain, but I also included a template for you to cut your own from felt. Cut out your felt pieces, you need 2 large circles, 1 small circle and 1 heart.
- Sew the heart onto the small circle, it is nice to use a contrasting thread colour.
- Sew the small circle onto the centre of one of the large circles.
- Take the other large circle, fold it in half, and snip a line about 1/3 of the way along, so you have a slit in the circle (to hide your secret message in).
- Put the two large circles together, add the ribbon folded in half at the top and stitch around the two circles.
- Add a keychain ring to the ribbon loop, and hide a secret message inside the pocket before giving it to your valentine!
I have been working on this sweet valentine garland and now it is ready!
The garland is 2 meters long (but I also take custom requests for different lengths) and is made from two different sized hearts.
Each heart is die cut from wool blend felt, and I used sweet valentine colours for this garland, pink, hot pink, red and purple.
If you would like to order one, send a message or visit my Etsy shop.
It seems to have gone all of a sudden, from that summer sunshine feeling to the wrap up warm autumnal feeling! The garden is getting covered in fallen leaves (this is our first Autumn with a garden, not fussed about clearing them all up) and the shops are starting to fill with winter fashion, and Christmas products (Christmas already!?!)
And for me, the custom projects for Autumn have also started to arrive. At the end of August I made this set of 3 toadstools for a local primary school display piece. The tallest is 45 cm high, they have lots of weight beads in the bottom to keep them up right!
I also made this autumn colour garland for the display too. It is a new style of garland that I am experimenting with at the moment (more to follow on that later).
So earlier this week I shared some new felt heart confetti. I made this while cutting out lots of bigger hearts to make matching felt heart garlands.
Heart garland in red (perfect for valentines, but I am a bit late!)
I have some more hearts cut out that just need to be sewn into garlands to add to my etsy shop too. Gradually I will add lots of heart garlands, and also working on some other felt shape garlands too.
This years Christmas decorations range is all about sweet treats! I showed a peek of these yummy cupcakes during the Marren markt, but here is some more detailed pics.
I have felt cupcakes with cherries on top, and my colourful candies Christmas decorations. They are all made from the lovely soft wool felt, and because it comes in lots of colours I was able to make lots of different ones in lots of happy colours!
They may not be in your typical colours scheme for Christmas decorations, but I have always been a fan of brightness. I will be making some more “grown up” Christmas decorations later this week, so check back.
Unfortunately because of the size of these Christmas decorations they wont fit in letter post, so I can’t sell them in my etsy shop. But if I have time I would like to make them into a sewing kit so you can make them yourself if you like!