It has been a while since I shared a tutorial on my blog, but today I have a cutey for you!
Felt – I used wool blend ready cut felt shapes from viltenknopen.
Ribbon – 6cm long
Sewing threads etc.
Template (if not using ready cut felt pieces)
- I used ready cut felt circles and heart for my keychain, but I also included a template for you to cut your own from felt. Cut out your felt pieces, you need 2 large circles, 1 small circle and 1 heart.
- Sew the heart onto the small circle, it is nice to use a contrasting thread colour.
- Sew the small circle onto the centre of one of the large circles.
- Take the other large circle, fold it in half, and snip a line about 1/3 of the way along, so you have a slit in the circle (to hide your secret message in).
- Put the two large circles together, add the ribbon folded in half at the top and stitch around the two circles.
- Add a keychain ring to the ribbon loop, and hide a secret message inside the pocket before giving it to your valentine!
I have been working on this sweet valentine garland and now it is ready!
The garland is 2 meters long (but I also take custom requests for different lengths) and is made from two different sized hearts.
Each heart is die cut from wool blend felt, and I used sweet valentine colours for this garland, pink, hot pink, red and purple.
If you would like to order one, send a message or visit my Etsy shop.
So earlier this week I shared some new felt heart confetti. I made this while cutting out lots of bigger hearts to make matching felt heart garlands.
Heart garland in red (perfect for valentines, but I am a bit late!)
I have some more hearts cut out that just need to be sewn into garlands to add to my etsy shop too. Gradually I will add lots of heart garlands, and also working on some other felt shape garlands too.