You will need:
- Assorted colours of felt squares
- Ribbon, sequins, buttons, ricrac and other embelishments
- Sewing needle & thread
- Pattern (above)
- Print of the pattern piece and cut it out. Place the pattern piece on top of your felt square and draw around it twice.
- Cut out the two bauble shaped pieces from the felt. (I used the small pattern as my tree is only 5ft high).
- Using what ever embellishments you like decorate the front of each piece of felt. Here is an example. (I am using bright pink and black as that is my christmas tree theme this year!)
- When both pieces are decorated place them back to back. Cut a loop of ribbon that matchs your babules and place it between the two pieces of felt at the top.
- Stitch around the edge of the babuble if you like you can add a little bit of stuffing.
- Once you have stitched all the way around the babule knot the thread and hang your new tree decoration up on your christmas tree!!
I hope you have found this first installment of my Christmas tutorial advent calendar interesting and will come back tomorrow for the next one!