You will need:
- two 10cm x 10cm squares of same coloured felt
- Four ripped strips of fabric 2.5cm wide and 15cm long
- Sewing needle & thread
- pattern (below)
(this makes 1 coffee coaster)
- Take one of your 10x10cm squares and on the back mark out lines for you to cut as shown below. You want the slits to be 1.25cm wide and spaced 1cm from the sides and alternating between 1cm and 1.25cm a part up and down the felt and 1cm across the felt.
- Take your square and hold it with the front facing your and take one of your fabric strips and thread it through the first slit and bring it back up through the next and repeat until you have threaded all 4 strips. I perfer to keep the fabric loose.
- Fold the ends of the fabric under the felt and pin in place.
- Place the two felt squares back to back and sew around the edge and your done! Time for a cup of tea.