You will need:
- Pretty Fabric for the top and bottom
- Pretty fabric to go around the edge
- 1 Pretty button
- Sewing needle & thread (or sewing machine to do it quicker)
- Cut out two square (7.5cm x 7.5cm) from your top fabric. And cut out one long rectangle (23cm x 3cm) from your side fabric.
- Take one top square and pin the long side fabric around the edge (right sides together) and sew the two together using a 1/2cm seam allowance. (If hand sewing do a few extra stitchs at each corner to make it a stronger hold).
- Take the second top square and pin it to the other edge of the long side fabric (right sides together) and sew around this just like before.
- You now have a completed square, clip the corners and turn it the right way out through the opening in the side fabric.
- Stuff the pin cushion and then stitch up the hole we used to turn it.
- Taking your piece of ribbon, run it around the pin cushion like you were wrapping a present, cut it to the length you need. Taking a needle and thread sew down through the center of the ribbon through the pin cushion and out the other side. Repeat a few times.
- With the thread coming up out of the top (the side with the thread knot) place your button and sew through the button and the pin cushion. (You can sew this on like a normal button or if its easier up and down through the pin cushion).
- When the button is secured knot the thread and your pin cushion is finished!