You will need
- Pretty fabric (to make the bag)
- Thin cotton fabric (to hold the rice inside the bag)
- Sewing machine & threads (although if you had the time you could hand sew it)
- Rice (4 cups)
- Cut a rectangle measuring 30cm x 25cm from your thin cotton fabric. Fold along the width of the fabric.
- Using a small stitch sew around two sides leaving one end open (the forth side is the fold). Turn right side out.
- Measure out your rice and pour it into your cotton sack (it should fill it up to about half way). Tuck up the open end and machine stitch across the top using the same small stitch as before.
- Cut a rectangle measuring 65cm x 15cm from your pretty cotton fabric.
- Fold 1 cm at each end and stitch across to create a nice tidy edge.
- With right side facing you, fold 10cm from one end back over its self, and then fold 23cm from the other end back on itself. You should now have the two ends overlapping by about 3cm.
- Pin the fabric and sew along both sides of the fabric (the size I have given allows for 1cm seams), trim threads and clip corners before turning it right way out.
- Put your rice pouch in the microwave to heat it up (1 – 2 minutes at 900W should do it.) and slip the rice pouch inside its cover and warm your toes or hands up on it!